Saturday 5 November 2011

Mask Review: Benico Bulgarian Rose (Whitening) 3D mask + How to enhance a mask's effectiveness

Hello~~
This is my review of the Benico 3D whitening mask! Just a disclaimer -- I bought this mask with my own money and am not paid by ANYONE to do this review. So rest assured that whatever I say about the product is my 100% honest opinion ^^

The mask I used is the green one :)


20111105-234812.jpg

Okay, now it's time to brace yourself for my ugly makeupless face.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ready?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


20111105-235050.jpg

Tada! Check out my uneven skintone, eyebags, bumps and open pores. All this despite half of my face being shrouded in darkness... can you imagine what it looks like irl? Disgusting, I know, haha. Anyway, here's how the mask looks on my face.


20111105-235248.jpg

Okay I look really creepy here despite my failed attempts at trying to change the lighting it to make it look nicer:(
It fits quite well! ^^ it's big enough to go under the chin as well and you can actually walk around without it falling off your face. I would recommend lying down though, so the mask essence sinks into your skin and won't just drip downwards.

ENHANCE YOUR MASK'S EFFECTIVENESS
I've read other reviews and some people are saying it's too big and has this weird folded part running down the middle of the mask. Well, I think that's actually for you to adjust the mask to your face. For instance, if the nose flap is too large, you just pull the folded part away from your face and sort of..stick it together? I dunno how to describe it! But even if a mask is non-adjustable, it usually doesn't cover the area around my nose so I pull the middle of the mask to make it smaller, and flatten the excess mask sheet on my face.. Geddit? I'm really bad at explaining stuff haha. Anyway you can take a look at the picture above and hopefully it'd give you some idea of how I did it!

Also, remember to make sure there are as few air bubbles as possible by pressing them out the same way you would when trying to get rid of air bubbles when laminating book covers..with your fingers of course. It's really important! If there are bubbles of air, you might as well not apply a mask at all because the mask won't even be in contact with your precious face. But don't press TOO hard, you don't want to squeeze all the essence away!
+++++++++

K enough with the rambling!
I left it on my face for a good 20 minutes. And here's the result:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



20111106-000611.jpg

HAHA so drippy right! Please excuse my brown eyelids thx, idk why they look so gross and extra brown here. But my skin is visibly MUCH brighter, plumper and less red and irritated. Thumbs up! It left a really refreshing minty sensation on my face, not too tingly though -- just perfect.
And the reason why it looks so wet and gross is because I actually squeezed out the mask essence after I was done and rubbed it all over my face and neck, instead of patting it into my skin.

I really don't understand how people have the patience to tap the essence into their skin??? Like omg it gets so friggin sticky and I can just stand there tapping my face forever and it won't get absorbed wtf, it just gets really stringy and gross. And I want the essence to stay on my FACE not my fingers tyvm. So I usually just like..prod at my face for a while to press the goodness into my skin while the essence is still drippy and then I'd wait for it to dry up and apply my serum, cream and moisturiser over it to seal in the moisture and nutrients.

VERDICT
Price: $2.90 at SASA stores
Fit: 5/5, I'd say this mask has the best fit out of all the masks I've ever tried.
Moisturization: 10/10
Cooling sensation: 9/10, really refreshing and the cooling effect lingers on even after removing the mask and rubbing in moisturiser! ^^
Whitening effect: 9/10 There was a very visible difference but I think it's temporary, like most masks, unless you use it regularly. Can't expect overnight results right? :S
Repurchase: Yes!
Overall rating: 9/10

And here's a picture of me with makeup in case you forget how I look with makeup on after seeing my scary bare face :x


20111106-003051.jpg


Upcoming:
Dress Me mask review, NYX round lipgloss swatches.

That's all for now!
Hope you enjoyed the review~^^
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment