Monday 24 October 2011

Review + Lip Swatch: Mentholatum Lipice Water Colour in 03 Kissy Pink

Hello~~~
So today's review is gonna be on Mentholatum's Lipice Water Colour in Kissy Pink. I bought it about 2 months back for $5.90 at...Watsons, I think? Or some random beauty store hahah, can't really remember :) here's what the packaging looks like:



20111025-002428.jpg

It's supposed to contain hyaluronic acid, ceramides and some other moisturizing stuff. However, do note that it is NOT comparable to a lip balm in terms of moisturization.

It looks shockingly coral-red in the tube but on the lips --



20111025-002712.jpg

...it gives a gorgeously natural, healthy wash of colour. Mind you, I did layer it over my Maybelline Babylips lipbalm (menthol) because my lips tend to dry out easily, so that might have sheered it out a bit. Wear-wise, the colour stayed put for at least 5 hours over a lipbalm. I imagine it'd stay on much longer without a balm though.

Here's a before and after comparison of my lips. I'm wearing a transparent lipbalm(Maybelline Babylips) in the naked lip pic.



20111025-161437.jpg





VERDICT
Colour: 10/10
Moisturization: 6/10 (I wouldn't wear this without a lipbalm underneath)
Finish: Semi-glossy, does not emphasize fine lines.
Staying power: 8/10, this is pretty darn good for a tinted lipbalm.
Price: SGD5.90
Repurchase: Definitely, this is my new favourite lip colour!! *tosses NYX Round Lipgloss away*


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment